We are looking for data scientists that feel at home at the intersection between mathematics, statistics, machine learning, business and computer science. You understand the math behind the solutions that you choose and you know how to apply them to actual problems. You are a self-driven person who’s capable of tackling very loosely defined problems, but you can also work towards a well defined goal.
This role is a senior position with a pivotal role in our team, therefore at least 3 to 5 years of relevant professional experience is required. If you have done something outstanding during your studies, like contributing to open source projects or starting your own company, we encourage you to apply as well. In any case, you have proof that you can / have / are:
- A degree in science, computer science, statistics, economics, mathematics, or similar quantitative discipline.
- Experience in how to make things fluid under pressure and you keep your eye on the ball. The occasional deadline gives you superpowers.
- Clearly and effectively communicate the results of complex analyses. You don’t mind presenting your work.
- Work meticulously. Once you’re done there are two rules: Rule one: The data is right. Rule two: see rule one.
You have no fear for...
- Analyses in Python + Pandas, but possibly also in R, Stata or Matlab.
- Writing queries, relational but also BigQuery, Athena.
- Working with Google Analytics / Mixpanel or similar data sets.
- Software engineering practices.
- Hadoop / Hive / Spark / MapReduce.
- Working with Linux, including writing Bash scripts.